Hong Kong University of Science and Technology R and D Corporation Limited (RDC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST or the University). Since our inception in 1992, we have been serving as the vehicle for commercialization and exploitation of the research conducted at HKUST. We provide contractual, financial and administrative support for the University’s technology transfer, collaborative research and consulting activities with the industry.
It is the mission of the University to assist in the economic and social development of Hong Kong and one of the University’s major objectives is closely collaborating with business and industry in promoting technological innovation and economic development. RDC takes part in the University’s mission by acting as its business arm, linking the research capabilities and cutting-edge technology of HKUST to business and industry applications.
- a separately-incorporated company wholly owned by HKUST
- a unit under HKUST’s Office of Knowledge Transfer
- granted the right to use and license the technology and the associated Intellectual Property rights owned by HKUST
- the entity entering into contracts with business and industry in commercial projects and technology licensing
- University researchers in applying their expertise and the University’s specialist resources in benefiting the society
- University researchers in contractual arrangements, financial management and project administration
- HKUST’s entrepreneurship initiative through technology licensing to new-technology based start-up companies and administrating government support funding
- the HKUST Entrepreneurship Program